The Shakespeare Line
Welcome to this website, which is provided by the voluntary Shakespeare Line Promotion Group >>
We aim to promote travel along The Shakespeare Line - the railway line between the City of Birmingham and Stratford-upon-Avon.
We provide here an introduction to the railway line together with an insight into the wide range of features and attractions available along the line.
Stations along this line serve the City’s shopping and business districts, urban suburbs, market towns, rural communities and Stratford-upon-Avon’s international visitor centre and facilities. More >>
A range of website links are provided to give more detailed information. So just follow the links for train times, fares, operations, venues, attractions, visitor and area information etc.
September 2016: The latest London MIdland Newsletter has just been published and is available here.
July 2016: Stratford-upon-Avon District Council has adopted the long-awaited Core Strategy, which is of importance to the potential reinstatement of the Stratford-Honeybourne route. The Inspector’s Report contains a considerable amount on this topic. It can be found here.
Pages 73-76 (paragraphs 247-258) refer.
More News >>
Shakespeare Line Promotion Group
The Shakespeare Line Promotion Group is a member of Railfuture.
The Group aims to :
- encourage the use of Birmingham and Stratford-upon-Avon railway
- promote the line's benefits to residents and visitors
- monitor operational standards of trains and stations
- liaise closely with Train Operating Companies, Government, Councils, and Regulatory Authorities
- promote further development of The Shakespeare Line as a major transport asset for the Birmingham, Solihull and Warwickshire areas
- promote the proposed extension from Stratford to Long Marston - Avon Rail Link >>
The Stations & Route
Birmingham Snow Hill (BSH)
Birmingham Moor Street (BMO)
Small Heath (SMA)
Spring Road (SRI)
Hall Green (HLG)
Yardley Wood (YRD)
Whitlocks End (WTE)
The Lakes (TLK)
Wood End (WDE)
Wootton Wawen (WWW)
Stratford-upon-Avon Parkway (STY)
National Rail Enquiries
For train information, please visit the train operators' websites:
Birmingham - Stratford & other Snow Hill Lines
London Midland >>
Stratford & Birmingham to Warwick & London
Birmingham - Henley - Stratford Heritage Steam Train Service - Summer Sundays only
The Shakespeare Express - Vintage Trains >>