Heart of England
Community Rail Partnership
2 billion Midlands Rail Hub plans “the most ambitious for a generation”
Midlands Connect has announced plans for a £2billion upgrade of the Midlands rail network – its biggest transformation in a century - The Midlands Rail Hub. Some of the proposals could have a beneficial effect on services between Birmingham and Stratford-upon-Avon, as they include:
· Up to £2 billion of new and improved infrastructure, to be completed between 2024-2033;
· Upgrades make space for 24 new passenger trains an hour across the network, 85,000 seats a day in and out of Birmingham, and an estimated six million more journeys each year;
· 47 partner organisations back the plans, including the West Midlands Combined Authority, Transport for West Midlands, West Midlands Rail Executive, local authorities, LEPs, chambers of commerce, HS2 and Network Rail;
· Enhanced frequencies on the Snow Hill Lines
· Delivering more than £47m of new GVA p.a. by 2032.
· Additional Birmingham Moor St / Snow Hill station platforms
· “Bordesley Chords” rail connections east of Moor St Station
SLPG Requests Economic Impact Study into railway reopening before Relief Road Plans are approved. Click on the link directly below to read our full letter to Stratford on Avon District Council.
West Midlands Trains Business Update
The latest edition of West Midlands Trains Business Update is now available. It contains information on a wide range of timetable enhancements and other activities across the West Midlands Region. It can be accessed on line by clicking on assets/WMT%20Business%20update%20-%20June%202019.pdf
ACCESS OUR NEWS ARCHIVE